Are you in a bad relationship? If you can’t quickly answer it with a “No” …then you must accept that you are in doubt about being in a good one. Your uncertaintyin itself should be a sign that something’s not quite right.
In general, it’s easy to tell if you’re in a good relationship. You both:
- Are happy
- Do things you love together (or even apart)
- And the people around you keep noticing how wonderful you are together.
Everyone wants to experience the happily ever after often told in fairytales. That’s why we are often in denial when what seems to be our “prince charming or princess” isn’t “Mr. Right or Ms. Right” after all.
It can be hard to admit that you’ve exerted all your time and effort on something …and then find out you have to leave with nothing. So, in order to avoid being hurt, it’s good to find out whether you should invest further in your relationship right now …or close the book when it’s still easier to.
8 Signs That Your Relationship…Is Going Nowhere
- You only want the relationship to progress because it’s supposed to: This only means that you are letting the dictate of society run its course even if you don’t really want to follow that path. Our society expects couples who have been together for a significant amount of time to eventually live together or get married. There is nothing wrong with this if you really love each other and want to be together forever. If you don’t love each other however, then you might regret it in the end.
- You can’t see yourself being with your partner many years from now: This is definitely a sure sign of trouble. It generally means that you are ambivalent of your feelings or simply don’t want to end up with your current partner.
- You think you can’t do any better: Staying in a relationship just because you think you can’t have a better relationship other than the one you currently have can lead to stagnation that can last for a long time.
- You or your partner feels being only used: If one in a relationship feels this way, it’s a sign that what you have isn’t really a true relationship. And if you feel being used, then it is most likely that you are.
- You find yourself caring less for your partner or the other way around: This is an indication that you’re only in the relationship because you find it easier to stay than go out and find someone new.
- You or your partner is perfectly happy with the way things are: This is not a bad thing, however the problem will start when one of you will want to take it to the next level and expect more out of the relationship. It’s either what you or your partner wants will happen due to pressure, or it will not happen and the other becomes unsatisfied with the relationship.
- You or your partner is often indecisive on important issues: Sometimes, people delay on making decisions because they are afraid of change. But for a relationship to grow, it requires decision-making. If either of you have difficulty in this aspect, your relationship won’t flourish.
- You’re afraid to let go because of the length of time you’ve already spent together:Normally, when you’ve spent too much time with someone or something, it’s difficult to live without it because you’ve gotten used to it. Couples who’ve been together through the good and bad times often develop a strong bond which is difficult to let go. But always remember that the years together won’t matter as much when there’s no love left for the person.
Final Thoughts On Bad Relationships
These are just some signs to know whether your relationship is going nowhere and not leading to a more serious one.
A successful relationship takes mutual effort to make it work. But you should know when there’s a need to work on a relationship …or when you are only wasting your time. If you notice any of these signs, you should consider reevaluating your relationship and take stock of where you currently stand with one another.